(Original list from Sportdiver magazine).
Great little guideline for the summer at the beach or in the water. Help preserve the ocean and reduce plastic waste… diver or not.
- Help make “paper or plastic?” an irrelevant question by bringing reusable cloth bags to the stores where you shop.
- Cut down on needless waste by refusing plastic straws, single service packaging and other plastic items that you can do without.
- Do you start your day with a cup of coffee? Make it at home or ask your coffee-shop server to pour it in a reusable mug.
- Next time you hit the beach, apply oxybenzone-free sunscreen to avoid releasing chemicals in the ocean that are harmful to coral reefs.
- When you get takeout for lunch avoid plastic cutlery by using reusable utensils you keep in your bag or at your desk.
- Turn your next dive into a conservation campaign. Project AWARE makes it east to give back with debris cleanups, fundraisers and more.