Irma is currently a category 5 hurricane with the potential for catastrophic consequences. It is critical to take precautions early on. Preparation is key when it comes to weathering such a storm. Have all emergency supplies ready.
Quick Preparation Tips:
· Stock up on water and non perishable food.
· Refill any prescriptions and stock any necessary medical supplies.
· Check / Test any emergency supplies you already have (batteries, flashlights, etc…), restock or purchase as necessary.
· If you have a generator, check it is operational and you have all necessary components (gas, battery, cables, oil, etc…)
· Stock up on pet supplies (food, water, kitty litter, medications, etc…)
· Gas up vehicles.
· Bring in outdoor furnishings, plants and decorations and any other items that can be picked up by the wind.
· Take photos / scan important documents.
· Prepare small evacuation kit if necessary ( change of clothes, cash, important documents, phone numbers, insurance records, etc…)
· Get cash.
· Share your emergency plan with family and friends.
FEMA has a good simple list and tools to help:
Get a Plan! www.FLGetAPlan.com
We are here if you need us, don’t hesitate to contact us with questions regarding your home our business. We can be reached at: www.SebastianEilert.com .
Leave a Reply